David Bain's Perth Speech - full transcript of address to International Justice Conference...

FINALLY FREE: David Bain told a Perth conference that prison damaged him.

David Bain's address to the International Justice Conference in Perth on March 10.

Good morning - I'm so nervous I should have gone to the toilet. Good morning ladies and gentlemen, distinguished exonerees, members of the system. My name is David Bain and I want to tell you a little story that spans 15 years.

On Monday June 20, 1994, at 5.30am my night's sleep was broken by my alarm. A few minutes later I got out of bed, dressed and ran out the door to do my paper run. An hour or so later I returned home and any sense of peace in my life was forever taken away when I found my mother dead in bed, blood streaming down her face.

Then as I stumbled around my home in vain trying to help or to find out what had happened. One by one I found the rest of my family.

Read more here:



http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/6568127/David-Bains-Perth-speech-full-transcript


David Bain, who has changed his name and left New Zealand, can make all the claims he wants.  He has never proven his innocence and in my opinion will never be able to - because his is not innocent. His first trial proved him guilty of murdering his whole family, parents,  two sisters and a younger brother. He served about 13 years of a life sentence in Christchurch Prison. He was granted a retrial and was exonerated. But all the evidence given in the first trial didn;t find its way to the second. He wasn't asked to take the stand and give evidence at this second trial. It was proven that his father could not have taken his own life. At least he paid thirteen years to the New Zealand state.

Peter Petterson
9-8-2017

Comments